19th September 2016
In order to promote entrepreneurship as a career path the Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship wants to support pupils, students and ph.d. students who have good ideas. As a result the Foundation for Entrepreneurship offers a series of micro grants to students.
Award application round:
- Micro grants – Danish Entrepreneurship Award – deadline October 20th
Apply for funding
Who can apply for a micro grant at the Danish Entrepreneurship Award?
Does your idea have great potential, and are you a student at an upper secondary education or a higher education in Denmark? Then you can apply for a Micro grant at the Danish Entrepreneurship Award, which is held in Fredericia messecenter November 17th 2016.
All students and ph.d. students enrolled at an upper secondary or a higher educational institution in Denmark can apply for a Micro Grant. In order to apply you must have a good idea. This idea may be at the idea stage or perhaps you have already acquired a CVR number and with a turnover of less than DKK 50,000. You can apply with or without a CVR number.
Read more about the Danish Entrepreneurship Award here
Type of grant:
We will hand out three Micro grants – each 25,000 DKK at the Danish Entrepreneurship Award November 17th 2016. These Micro grants does not requires any self-financing. Of all the candidates, 8 finalists will be picked out and these must pitch on November 17th to be considered for a Micro grant.
What may the micro grant be used for?
A part of the application procedure is to hand in a budget that shows what you are going to use the grant for. It is however important that the grant is used for activities that noticeable moves your idea/startup closer to market, growth, job creation etc. The budget will be evaluated as part of the application.
The grant can’t be used for travel expenses, running the company (hardware, salary, office furniture etc.) or for competitions.
The grant should be used for covering the needs of your business. It can be a mixture of paid services, counselling and products. Here is a list of things that a micro grant may cover:
- Market Research
- Pilot tests – eg. equipment rental or purchase of reagents
- Consultations, advice and mentoring
- Patent application
If you have any questions – please feel free to contact:
Project manager Tilde Reffstrup
Tilde@ffe-ye.dk | 23 26 96 75
Project assistant Michala Ory-Hviid
Michala2@ffe-ye.dk | 2916 2277
Who is behind the Micro grants?
The Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship is behind the Micro grants.
How do I apply?
An application contains a:
- Application form (word – Located on the right side)
- Budget template, showing what the money should be used for (excel – Located on the right side)
- Video pitch max 4 minutes (link). We do not receive video pitch in file format for downloading from e.g dropbox
- Appendix in pdf (if you have any)
Application form and budget template must be submittet in the templates that you download on this page – located on the right side.
More information about the application procedure can be found below.
- Download the application form (word – see right side)
- Fill out the application form and name the document
- Application for a Danish Entrepreneurship Award grant shall be named: TeamName_Application_DEA
NB: Please be aware that all application forms must be uploaded in word and when you name the documents remember to use _ (underscore) or else we might not get your application.
- Download the Budget template (Excel – right side)
- Fill out the budget template and name it
- Budget template for a Danish Entrepreneurship Award grant shall be named: TeamName_Budget_DEA
- If you have any other material (pdf) relevant for your application e.g. picture or appendix, this must be named:TeamName_Appendix
- Go to the online application form and fill in (click ‘Apply here’ – right side)
- Fill out the application form by accepting “terms and conditions” below.
- Insert link to your video pitch IMPORTANT We do not accept video pitch in file format for downloading from e.g. dropbox (see also the criteria – see right files)
- Upload the application form, Budget form and other relevant material (appendix).
- You will receive a confirmation by email when we have received your application.
- All candidates will receive an email with an answer as to whether or not they have been approved for a grant, as soon as the applications have been evaluated by the committee.
- Special for Danish Entrepreneurship Award micro grants: For the three Mikro grants of 25,000 DKK, we will select 8 startups who will pitch live at the Danish Entrepreneurship Award in Fredericia November 17th. To be selected for a grant you have to be present at Danish Entrepreneurship Award.
We recommend you to participate in entrepreneurship competitions. For students at university level we recommend Venture Cup. For students at Erhvervsakademier, University College, Maritime educations and art schools we recommend Start Up Programme.
Participating in these competitions will be a great opportunity to improve the development of your idea concept while strengthening your own entrepreneurial competences.
Seek advice and counselling at your student incubator
Need directions to your application or advice in the development of your idea / company you can contact your student incubator on your educational institution. Find your student incubator here